Our belief is that children learn best when they are happy, secure and engaged through appropriate, challenging activities to help them develop their full potential. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum which enables every child to learn through making connections and through a range of experiences. Our curriculum is designed to engage and challenge children with opportunities to develop their interest and desire to become lifelong learners, whilst encouraging their indendence and curiousity. We use a variety of different teaching strategies as appropriate, including whole class, group, paired and individual teaching and learning.
Our topics are used as a context for learning in many different subjects, including core subjects of literacy and maths, and are planned in two year cycles so that Years 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 share a focus, whilst the learning is differentiated to meet the learning needs of all abilities. Learning is enhanced through educational visits and visitors to school.
The programme that each child follows from Year R to Year 6 meets the statutory requirements of the Foundation Stage, New National Curriculum and West Sussex Religious Education Guidelines.
Please find below information about the learning for each class that will take place this term.
- Robins curriculum map Spring 2017.pdf
- Year 1 and 2 curriculum map spring 2017.pdf
- Year 3 and 4 curriculum map spring 2017.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Curriculum map Summer 2016.pdf
- curriculum map Year 3 and 4 Summer 2016.pdf
- Year 1 and 2 Curriculum map Summer 2016.pdf
More information about the New Primary Curriculum can be found on the DFE website https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum
- Year 1 and 2 Curriculum map Spring 2016.
- Year 5 and 6 curiculum map Spring 2016
- Year 3 and 4 Curriculum map Spring 2016