Aims and Values
'On our learning journey together'
- everyone at Albourne is on this journey - we want every child to have the very best learning opportunities and to develop as an individual, and in order for this to happen every member of staff is also constantly learning.
Our aims at Albourne CE School are to:
- create a calm, nurturing and safe learning environment
- meet the needs of every child through a creative and relevant curriculum that excites and challenges
- engage and enthuse children so that they want to learn
- develop independence to encourage child directed learning
- work with all stakeholders as part of a cohesive team
- celebrate diversity and show respect to all members of our community
- encourage spiritual and moral values within a Christian framework.
Christian values lie at the heart of all that we do at Albourne CE School. Although all are of equal importance, the whole school community has worked together to identify the six that highlight our actions throughout the school day and our school journey.
Our values are at times addressed directly through Collective Worship and PSHE, but also permeate the whole curriculum. They are the basis for the social, intellectual, emotional, moral and spiritual development of the whole child. We encourage children to consider how we model these values through our actions, and thereby to develop the attributes that enable them to develop as reflective learners, and citizens who will continue to make a successful contribution to society.
Children who have modelled a value through their actions and choices in daily life at school have their names recorded in our 'Values' book and their picture on the 'Values' tree.
The distinctive Christian ethos of our school can be seen through all that we do in school - through the Christian worship that takes place in our assemblies, through the opportunities that children have to explore the wonders of the world around them, and through the way that we help our children to develop as individuals who respect each other, themselves and all other members of the school community.
We are lucky to have a range of visitors come to lead worship in different ways. The children love it when Liz, the children's pastor from The Point comes to lead assembly, and they also enjoy the interactive and lively assemblies that are delivered by the 'Splash' team.